I was thinking that I would gather group of sculptures that were made in reference to a process of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, all of which are related to the body in one way or another. This work is, in a sense, my way parsing out the uncertainty of meaning, the vagueness, and the ambiguity of life. The work is intentionally vague to allow the viewer the space to draw on his or her own observations, experiences and memories.  For me, the interpretation of the form is directly related to the relationship with the body. Yet perhaps that’s just me.  Each interpretation is personal – I have no stake in the matter. Perhaps it ain’t no body after all. — Patrick Strzelec

Reception for the artist, July 14, 4:30–6 p.m.
summer hours: tue-fri 11-4:30, sat 11–4

Patrick Strzelec makes abstract sculpture. He has been a recipient of numerous awards in sculpture, including the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, the Ballinskelligs Project in Ireland, the Rome Prize, Rome, Italy, the National Endowment for the Arts, and numerous New Jersey State Council for the Arts grants. Patrick has shown with the Michael Schultz Gallery, Berlin Germany; Jay Grimm Gallery, Gary Snyder Fine Arts, Barbara Toll Fine Arts, and Garth Greenan Gallery, all in New York City; and OH&T Gallery, Boston. His work can be found in numerous public and private collections throughout the United States and Europe. Strzelec is the former Rudolph Arnheim Lecturer in Sculpture at Harvard University and currently an Associate Professor at Rutgers University in the Sculpture department.